I’m a huge fan of the bridal chignon.
It is chic, sophisticated and comes in several shapes and sizes to suit all manner of brides.
New York based hair and make up artist Magda Styles and By Millie B Photography teamed up to produce a soft, romantic and relaxed chignon hair tutorial that’s just the appropriate quantity of ‘undone’.
Learn how to produce a low, messy chignon that’s excellent for your big day!
(Or your bridal shower, bachelorette party, Christmas function ‘do, as a bridesmaids hairstyle…the possibilities are endless!)
Messy Chignon Tutorial
1. Day old hair works greatest. Wash your hair the day before & apply conditioner only on ends. Apply heat protection spray & blow-dry the hair with a massive round brush. Do not flat iron.
2. Apply a small mousse or volumizer to the roots of your dry hair & enable volumizer to dry.
3. Section hair into 2 ½ inch sections. Take each and every hair section & curl with 1 ¼ inch barrel curling iron & lightly mist a quite light hold hair spray onto hair.
4. Gather the curled hair sections & pin them up. Mist pinned hair with light holding hair spray. Allow hair to set for at least 30 minutes.
5. Remove the pinned set functioning from the nape of the neck region 1st. Leave the crown, front & side sections alone for now.
6. Back comb or lightly tease every single loose section at the root. Mist hair with a light hold hair spray.
7. Soon after back combing & spraying, gently smooth any snarls or flyaways with a wide toothcomb, and then finger comb the sections collectively.
8. Use an elastic band to produce a side ponytail. The crown location of the hair need to nevertheless stay set.
9. Divide the ponytail into sections. Take every section and fold the sections loosely & randomly around the base of ponytail & secure in place with a bobby pin. The sections should appear soft as if they were ready to fall out of the knot.
8. Release pin curls from crown, sides & front. Repeat step 6 & 7 till all of the sections are blended & pinned into location. Style the front as you like. Gently loosen any side wisps for a romantic appear.
11. Apply a modest amount of smoothing crème to flyaway places. Lightly mist with a finishing hair spray like Kenra #25.
Such a soft and romantic bridal appear.
Here’s a little reduce out and maintain step by step tutorial – why not pin it to your Hairstyles Pinterest Board?
I can’t wait to try this appear out! (Just wish I had the sparkly dress above to complete my look!) How about you?
Keep in mind, practice tends to make best!
Not so confident with that curling iron? Magda Designs offers one particular to one make up and hair lessons to support location and DIY brides discover how to master their chosen wedding look. Such a fantastic notion!
Much more Bridal Beauty Tutorials on Bridal Musings:
- Smokey Eye Make Up Tutorial
- Fishtail Hair Tutorial
- The Bridal Ballerina Bun
- Nude and Gold Glitter Nail Art Tutorial
- Relaxed Boho Up Do Hairstyle
- Halo Braid Tutorial