Want to look as gorgeous as Megan Fox on your wedding day?
I’m guessing the answer was ‘yes’, ’hell yes’ or ‘Elizabeth, why would you ask such a silly question?’.
London based make up artist Tabby Casto is back on Bridal Musings (yay!) with a series of make up tutorials to support you obtain Hollywood/catwalk worthy looks for your massive day.
(If you missed any of Tabby’s preceding beauty tips posts be sure to verify them out - Top 5 Bridal Make Up Dos and Don’ts advice on producing a Long Lasting Flawless Base and Lessons In Colour – Eyes and Lips.)
I went to town pinning my favourite ever bridal make up appears (proof here) and Tabby worked her make up magic to give us her top product suggestions as well as detailed step by step tutorials.
The initial tutorial of the series is inspired by this rather beautiful look Megan Fox sported a few years back, initially created by celebrity make up artist Troy Jensen.
Megan Fox Make Up Tutorial
1. Nars Laguna Bronzer // 2. Barry M Organic Glow Palette // 3. Advantage Eye Vibrant // 4. Bobbie Brown Longwear Gel Liner // 5. Mac Spiked Brow Pencil // 6. Mac Subculture Lip Pencil // 7. Nars Belle Du Joure Lipstick
How To Get The Look
1. Following cleansing, moisturising & prepping skin*, apply a great lengthy-put on medium coverage satin finish foundation more than the face. Use a medium coverage concealor on leading of the foundation where redness shows and also below the eyes, then set every little thing with a lightweight translucent powder. To get the defined cheekbone that Megan wears you will need to contour – Nars Laguna Bronzer (1) is ideal for this! Avoid utilizing a quite big powder brush and opt for something that will hug the cheekbone a small a lot more. I like Mac’s 168 brush for definition under the cheek. This will sculpt the bone beneath your cheek to give an effect that slims the face and brings out the all-natural highlights in the cheek.
2. Apply a decent primer to the eyelid (I like Mac Paint Pot in Painterly) and then employing Barry M’s new All-natural Glow Palette (2) apply one of the neutral colours to the eyelid with a flat applicator brush ( I like Mac 239 or Sigma’s E55 Eye Shading Copper Brush) Apply the darker brown shade to the crease of the eye with the same brush. Soon after patting the darker shade into the corner of the eye use a fluffy brush to blend the shade out (I like Mac 217 or Sigma’s E25 Blender). Use the highlight shade from the palette on the inner corners of the eyes to brighten and apply a tiny of the darker shade on the reduced bottom lash line as well.
Barry M Natural Glow Palette
3. If you look closely at Megan’s eyes in this photo you will see an age old makeup trick! Her makeup artist has employed a light beige tone pencil in the waterline. This creates a wide eye impact. But gone are the days where we have to use white which can appear quite harsh! Try Benefit’s Eye Bright (3) which is the ideal tone to brighten up with out hunting stark!
4. A single of the primary attributes of this appear is Megan’s stunning doe eyes. You will want to practice prior to the big day but if you want that defined sophisticated finish you’ll need to have liquid or gel eye liner. There are so numerous decent shades on the marketplace but I really like Bobbie Brown’s Longwear Gel Liner (4) – it will not crease and will keep put for the unique day. You’ll need an angled brush to create this smooth application and I recommend breaking the liner down. As an alternative of trying to develop one particular swoop of black attempt carrying out half of the lash line 1st from the outer corner of the eye to the middle. Then modify the brush about so the point of it is facing your nose and draw in from the inner eye to the middle. For a softer appear attempt brown liner alternatively of black.
5. Soon after you have applied your favourite water proof mascara don’t overlook your eyebrows! It may well not be the kind of issue you generally do day to day but in wedding photographs everything takes a back seat and you’ll want extra definition. Megan’s hair is fairly dark so I would recommend Mac Spiked Brow Pencil to recreate this effect. You’ll also require a firm angled brush (Mac 208 is fantastic) to blend the product into the brow hairs. Diverse hair colours will imply various brow pencils – I have a variety in my kit but favourites consist of Illamasqua’s Brow Powders, Mac’s Wax Brow Pencils & Mac Omega & Mystery Eyeshadow. What ever you pick to go for – wax, powder, pencil – you will want to use tiny pressure to get the shape you want. Apply in brief wispy strokes in the direction of the hair growth. Megan’s brows have probably been threaded and waxed ahead of hand as well. Do not try to recreate a perfectly sculpted brow until you have visited the salon! Unruly hairs will not work with this appear.
6. For the lips I would initial use a decent nude lip pencil. I’d advise Mac Subculture Lip Pencil (6) and rather than just draw around the lips truly fill the lips in with the pencil as well – this creates a very good base/primer for your lipstick to stay on.
7. Finally use Nars Belle Du Joure Lipstick (7) on leading of the lip pencil. This is a gorgeous browny pink nude which has a slight sheen. Megan’s lips are not matte finish and therefore I would suggest employing a primer underneath the products as well as glossy lips do not keep on for long! Try Mac Prep & Prime Lip prior to hand to make sure longevity!
*Soon after note – when provided the likelihood, cleanse and prep your skin then operate on eye makeup before undertaking your skin base and blushers/bronzers. You lean on your face when you do your foundation and if you do your eyes after your skin you will most likely get a small bit of fall out from the shadow. Save oneself the trouble and do your eyes initial!
As often, I’d recommend brides have a trial with a professional make up artist before going it alone as they can assist you learn what products will perform ideal for your certain skin type and face shape. If you make a decision to go the DIY route just make certain you (or a single of your bridesmaids/friends) have lots of practice runs just before the big day!
Thanks so significantly to Tabby for sharing this tutorial with us nowadays – I’m definitely giving this look a go! Any individual else?
Verify out Tabby’s awesome make up artistry on her website and pay a visit to her blog, The Bridal Stories, where she shares bridal beauty inspiration and her best guidelines on wedding make up.
More Wedding Make Up Tutorials & Guidance Posts on Bridal Musings